TLSO, reclination orthosis, abdominal support, with sternal support, custom made
Orthosis introducing reclination of the thoracic spine through abdominal pressure and sternal support.
May consist of two plastic sheets connected at the lateral side (Becker-Gschwend Corset). The ventral sheet covers the area from symphysis up to the vertebral arch and introduces an abdominal compression. The dorsal cranial edges touch the hypomochlion but keep the clavicle free. The dorsal sheet has windows in the lumbar area. A sternal support is connected with a metal bar to the ventral sheet.
Exists also as circular plastic shell with ventral and dorsal locking, introducing abdominal compression (Munsteraner Kyphosen Orthese MKO). At the ventral side reclination supports are positioned with a metal bar and locked together.
The abdominal pressure delordosates the lumbar spine with following reclination of the thoracic spine over the hypomochlion supports. The sternal support creates a second three point principle: a permanent reclination caused by the sternal support. The sternal pad restricts rotation of the thoracic region. The consequence is an upright posture of the patient.
The sternal pad supports continuously the reclination, e.g. with children who do not maintain the erected posture permanently.
Custom made on a mould of the patient. Includes casting and cast preparation.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
060309060000 - Orthosis, spinal and cranium, thoraco-lumbo-sacral, to reduce deformity in alignment
060309120000 - Orthosis, spinal and cranium, thoraco-lumbo-sacral, to reduce joint(s) motion
Permanently and temporarely
Indications are for example:
* partially fixed juvenile kyphosis for children during growth with transfer point at the level of the central up to upper thoracic vertebrae
* M. Scheuermann at thoracic level
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Intended Use Text
Orthosis to recline hyperkyphosis and hyperlordosis of the spine, to immobilise lateral and rotational motion and to ensure that in later life there are no major restrictions of activities and to participate in society.
To be applied in case the prefabricated version does not fit due to impairments of body functions and/or structures.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b7151 - To support, protect or train stability of several joints
1iu1.2 - To reduce deformities in alignment
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d5702 - Maintaining one's health
Munsteraner-Kyphosen-Orthese (MKO) (Germany).