WHdFiO, wrist stabilisation orthosis, hand-finger motion/grip, externally (electric) powered, prefabricated
Orthosis composed by two plastic or metal hand sections,
plastic or metal finger stabiliser and forearm section, connected
with a rod for variable grasp opening, locked with Velcro straps.
Opening and closing of the finger part is motor driven with battery
power and controlled by a switch.
Prefabricated (ready to use or adjustable)
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
060613160000 - Orthosis, upper limb, wrist-hand-finger, to
increase joint(s) motion
Indications are for example:
* poor wrist extension
* unable to grasp with the hand.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Ulcers at the area where the orthosis fits.
Rigid or deformed hand.
Intended Use Text
Orthosis creating a functional hand with the ability of grip
enabling daily activities in order to participate in society.
Intended Use ICF Code
1iu4.1 - To compensate for weak muscle activity
2d4400 - To support or train picking up
2d4401 - To support or train grasping
2d4402 - To support or train manipulating
2d4403 - To support or train releasing