WHdFiO, wrist stabilisation orthosis, hand and fingers in anatomical position, static, custom made
Orthosis composed by one piece of thermoplastic normally applied at the palmar area and fixed to the arm and hand with webbing or Velcro straps. Designed to immobilise the wrist, hand and fingers into an anatomical and pain free position.
Custom made on a model of the patient. Includes casting and cast preparation.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
060612060000 - Orthosis, upper limb, wrist-hand, to reduce deformity in alignment
060612120000 - Orthosis, upper limb, wrist-hand, to limit range of joint motion
Temporarely for treatment
Indications are for example:
* rheumatoid arthritis
* posttraumatic pain
* post surgery.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Ulcers at the area where the orthosis fits.
Intended Use Text
Orthosis to immobilise the carpal-, metacarpal joints and fingers in order to relief pain to enable execution of daily activities in order to participate in society.
To be applied in case the prefabricated version does not fit due to impairments of body functions and/or structures.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b7202 - To support, protect or train mobility of carpal bones
1iu1.2 - To reduce deformities in alignment
1iu2.1 - To limit range of joint motion
2d440 - To support or train fine hand use
2d5702 - Maintaining one's health
Functional positioning orthosis