FQ-prosthesis, forequarter amputation prosthesis, externally-powered terminal device, mechanical control site, endoskeletal, mechanical elbow
Switch controlled electric prosthesis for a forequarter amputation.
* shoulder joint
* internal locking elbow.
* endoskeletal humeral segment
* endoskeletal forearm section.
* switch and cables for control of the terminal device, two batteries, charger.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
061821090000 - Prosthesis, upper limb, forequarter, externally powered
Indications are for example:
* Interscapular amputation
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to grip, to support and to maintain) and cosmetic replacement of the amputated part of the upper limb for all daily activities.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d440 - To support or train fine hand use
2d445 - To support or train hand and arm use
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life