FpP-prosthesis, prosthesis for amputation in foot central area, soft socket and toe filler, free ankle joint
Prosthesis for partial foot amputation that is custom fabricated from a model of the patient. It keeps the ankle joint free, has a rigid sole and a toe filler. The essential fitting of the prosthesis takes place through a circular strap and support at the supra-calcanus area.
Full contact between stump and prosthesis inner socket. Inner socket made from elastic (foam material e.g. PE, EVA, leather gummy, cork, soft cast). Outside socket from elastic or foam material (e.g. PE, EVA, Cork, Felt). Eventual industrial produced components for additional functions like for reinforcement of plantar flexion (e.g. from fibre or textile based).
This procedure includes a maximum of 2 test sockets as well as casting and cast preparation.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062403090000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, partial foot, metatarsal amputation prostheses
Indications are for example:
* amputation of the central part of the foot, more specific:
* long metatarsal stump (Sharp amputation)
* short metatarsal stump (Sharp-Jäger amputation)
* tarsal amputation
* long tarsal amputation (Lisfranc amputation)
* short tarsal amputation (Bona-Jäger amputation
* amputation at the heel part of the foot
* long heel stump (Chopart amputation).
Ankle joint is fully operational.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
* in case of Chopart amputation: Not optimal anatomic-functional conditions of the heel part of the foot
* not optimal functioning of the ankle joint (posture or fixation
* activities with a high load on the forefoot.
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) and cosmetic replacement of the amputated part of the foot.
Fits on a normal shoe.
Protects the stump against trauma.
Keeping the ankle joint free.
May be used with extra ordinary sweat production and sensitivity to silicon.
Level IFML-0, IFML-1, IFML-2, IFML-3, IFML-4.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life
Sharp amputation prosthesis
Bone-free foot prosthesis
Foot prosthesis by Bellmann