FpP-prosthesis, prosthesis for amputation in toes area, shoe insole with stump positioner and toe filler, longitudinal arch
Interface for partial foot prosthesis in the toes area that is custom fabricated from a model of the patient. The insole is rigid with a long heel lash to keep the stump in place and a toe filler for the amputated toes. The shoe insole takes care of a close contact between stump and filler and should be made considering the individual sizes and measures using dedicated measurement and modelling techniques. Made from fibre material or metal, felt and foam. The final prosthesis is made after a first functional test.
The standard shoe is adapted with special measures for rolling forward as well as a rigid heel.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062403120000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, partial foot, tarso-metatarsal disarticulation prostheses
Indications are for example:
* amputation in the toes area or distal amputation of the middle of the foot.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Risk of pressure and grating at pseudo-arthrotic motion between stump and socket. Therefor special attention is necessary for patients with vascular diseases.
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) replacement of the amputated part of the foot or toes.
Fits on a normal shoe.
Protects the stump against trauma, overloading leading to pressure scores and fractures, keeping the right posture of existing joints.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d81* - To support participation in education
2d84* - To support participation in work and employment
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life
Insole with form equalisation