AD-prosthesis, IMFL-2, prosthesis for ankle disarticulation, including soft inner socket and foot with elastic heel part, exoskeletal
The prosthesis is composed by:
* ankle/foot device: Sach foot with elastic heel part or multi axial ankle/foot
* soft inner socket.
Essential fitting through full contact and closed socket form at the tibia area. Reinforced dorsal and plantar motion at the upper ankle joint. Pro- and supination control at the lower ankle joint through lateral control. Full contact between socket and stump.
Inner shaft with distal opening, made from elastic or foam material (e.g. PE, EVA, leather-gummy). Outside shaft rigid construction and circularly closed, made from fibre material. Includes industrial ankle/foot for level IMFL2. Connection between inner and outer shank through closed form and friction.
Included are 2 test sockets and casting and cast preparation.
The prosthesis should be extra light because of the intensive use of it in combination with the physical conditions of the user.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062406060900 - Prosthesis, lower limb, ankle, including form fixed interface, with ankle/foot unit, IMFL-2
Indications are for example:
* amputation of the heel part of the foot specifically short heel stump excluding ankle joint (Syme amputation) in case a prefabricated component (foot/ankle) is possible
* amputation with a small lost of length of the leg in case a prefabricated component (foot/ankle) is possible.
Restricted life style.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Intended Use Text
Supposed to be used as functional (to sit, to stand and to walk) and cosmetic replacement of the amputated part of the foot or leg for a user who has the ability or potential to use the prosthesis for ambulating traversing low level environmental barriers such as curbs, stairs or uneven surfaces. Typical used for limited community walking. Fit with a normal shoe.
Protect the stump against trauma, cold, pressure scores and false posture.
Motion control of the ankle joint.
Standing high load on stump through tibia fitting.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b1801 - To support or train experience of self
2d410 - To support or train changing basic body position
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d420 - To support or train transferring oneself
2d8 - To support participation in major life areas
2d9 - To support participation in community, social and civic life