Prosthetic interface/Suspension for a trans-tibia amputation
prosthesis essentially through above-knee corset made from e.g.
leather, eventual with tuber support.
Knee joints monocentric or polycentric.
End-bearing load in case of full contact socket.
Outer socket from thermoplastic or acrylic.
Can be endo- and exoskeletal prostheses.
Inner socket from elastic material, e.g. PE, EVA, Latex.
* air pressure system for adaptation of the socket
* adapter in case of endoskeletal prosthesis
* tuber support fixed to thigh corset
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062441000000 - Prosthesis, lower limb, interface, socket
Indications are for example:
* trans-tibial amputation
* instability of the knee joint
* arthrose of the knee joint
* high varus/valgus load.
Level IFML-1, IFML-2.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Impairments of gripping or reaching (caused by the spine and
Contact with water
Intended Use Text
Interface to fit a prosthesis after trans-tibia amputation with
additional support from a thigh corset for all standard activities
(sitting, standing and walking) in daily vocation.
Extra stability for the knee joint and unloading in case of
Intended Use ICF Code
1b260 - To support or train proprioceptive functioning
1b770 - To support or train gait pattern functions
2d450 - To support or train walking