Shoe, space relieving and relieving load, complete foot, custom made
Custom made shoes on the basis of a mould of the patient (Bespoke shoe) supposed to stabilise the balance of the feet, to influence the gate pattern and/or give room for prominent areas for more severe foot deformities.
The shoes may be combined with a footbed/insole.
Depending on the form of the sole and the footbed, particular areas in the front of the back of the foot may be relieved from load during walking.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
063309060600 - Footwear orthopaedic, to stabilize deformity, complete foot, normal load
063330060600 - Footwear orthopaedic, to reduce and/or redistribute load, complete foot, normal load
090342000000 - Personal care, clothes and shoes, shoes and boots
Indications are for example serious deformities of the feet with impairments in length, width and circumference.
Diagnose are e.g. arthrosis, arthritis, fractures, circulation or sensibility impairments as happens with e.g.
* diabetes mellitus,
* rheumatoid arthritis
* hallux valgus
* pes cavus
* pes adductus grade III
* talus verticals
* congenious pes calcanovalgus
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Intended Use Text
Deformities of feet which can not be solved with provisions on normal confection shoes or mass produced orthopaedic shoes, with moderate or serious discrepancy in length, width and circumference of the feet.
Changing the gate with as result a discharge of the front or the back part of the foot from forces and pressure.
To be used in case the prefabricated version does not fit due to impairments of body functions and body structures.
Intended Use ICF Code
1iu1.2 - To reduce deformities in alignment
1iu5 - To reduce or redistribute load on tissue
2d4104 - To support or train standing
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d5702 - Maintaining one's health