Prosthetic interface/Liner as an interface material which
introduces optimal pressure distribution, e.g. silicon,
polyurethane. The suspension of the prosthesis may vary and depends
on the former socket: supra condilar suspension, pressure
differences and friction suspension.
The liner is prefabricated and made for a full contact
Outer socket from thermoplastic or acrylic with sleeve and valve
Can be combined with endo- and exoskeletal prostheses.
Prefabricated (ready to use or adjustable)
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
062440030300 - Prosthesis, lower limb, interface, liner, trans-tibial, modify distribution of forces for support and stabilisation
Indications are for example:
* trans-tibia amputation
* pressure tops caused by bony surface
* pain- and pressure sensitive stump
* high-load stump
* short stump.
Level IFML-0, IFML-1, IFML-2, IFML-3, IFML-4.
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Impairments in reaching and gripping.
Contact with water
Intended Use Text
Interface to fit a prosthesis after trans-tibia amputation for
all standard activities (sitting, standing and walking) in daily
vocation and recreation.
Intended for pressure distribution for unusual stump forms.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b260 - To support or train proprioceptive functioning
1b770 - To support or train gait pattern functions
2d450 - To support or train walking