The distal part of the trans-tibia amputation prosthesis is composed by:
* ankle-foot device: foot with very restricted motion and no physical joint or single axis foot or multi-axial foot with very restricted energy delivery from the fore foot
* external shell configuration or endoskeletal components, lightweight.
The distal part of the trans-tibia prosthesis is connected to a trans-tibia interface following the biomechanical and physiological characteristics of the user.
Prosthesis has to be aligned properly according to the biomechanical principles.
The total prostheses is preferably light considering the multiple impairments and sensitivity to the weight of the user.
Prosthesis with extra low energy consumption as a consequence of the light weight.
The materials and construction applied in the prosthesis, allow usage under environmental influences and avoid negative impact of those influence on the functioning of the prosthesis.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties