The distal part of the knee disarticulation prosthesis is composed by:
* ankle foot device: foot with moderate energy delivery from the fore foot or multi axial ankle/foot
* knee joint: locked at stance phase with some level of swing phase control, e.g. polycentric knee with small pneumatic swing phase control; mostly external joint
* external shell configuration or endoskeletal components.
The distal part of the knee disarticulation prosthesis is connected to a trans-femoral interface following the biomechanical and physiological characteristics of the user.
Prosthesis has to be aligned properly according to the biomechanical principles.
High stability during stance phase. Some swing phase control.
The prosthesis should be extra light because of the intensive use of it in combination with the physical conditions of the user.
The materials and construction applied in the prosthesis, allow usage under environmental influences and avoid negative impact of those influence on the functioning of the prosthesis.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties