The distal part of the knee disarticulation prosthesis is composed by:
* ankle foot device: foot with restricted motion and no physical joint, single axis foot, or multi axial ankle/foot, foot with very restricted energy delivery from the fore foot
* knee joint: locked at stance phase, e.g. polycentric knee, single axis knee with manual lock, knee with single axis friction lock; mostly external joint
* endoskeletal components or exoskeletal, lightweight
* alignment components
* connectors lightweight.
The distal part of the knee articulation prosthesis is connected to a trans-femoral interface following the biomechanical and physiological characteristics of the user.
Prosthesis has to be aligned properly according to the biomechanical principles.
High stability during standing and walking.
The total prosthesis is preferably light considering the multiple impairments and sensitivity to the weight of the user.
The materials and construction applied in the prosthesis, allow usage under environmental influences and avoid negative impact of those influence on the functioning of the prosthesis.
The integral prosthesis is custom made.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties