KO, knee fabric support, with joints, patella correction, custom made
Elastic circular canvas with or without straps, covering the lower limb above and below the knee, including integrated bilateral sidebars with joints. Designed to stabilise the knee joint through compression, to prevent the knee joint for abnormal deformity and control knee extension/flexion. Provides moderate flexible guidance of knee motion.
A special ring (donut) or a pool-strap fixate or (re)align the patella. Provides moderate flexible guidance of knee flexion/extension.
Maintains free knee flexion and extension.
Activities and Responsibilities Supplier
- Category Name
- Intake of patient/client's problems in functioning
- Prosthetic/orthotic assessment of functioning
- Selection of device from nomenclature
- Conception/design of the entire device
- Measurement and casting/scanning
- Modification and tracing of cast/scan
- Select device from catalogue (prefab)
- Bench assembly and alignment
- Fitting, static and dynamic alignment
- Adjustments and functional additions
- Check-out, delivery, userinstruction (warranty,
- Service and maintenance scheme
- Evaluation of patient's/client's device
- Prosthetic or orthotic assessment of patient/client
- Adjustments, functional updates
- Unexpected repair and adjustments/modification
- Storing raw material, components and prefab devices on
- Product responsibility (custom made/prefab)
- Basic business obligations (a.o. administration)
- Respecting privacy and patient's dignity and human rights
- Maintaining a patient/client dossier
- Other duties
Classification ISO 9999
061209030606 - Orthosis, lower limb, knee, to prevent deformity, with patella correction, normal load
Permanently and temporarely
Indications are for example:
* slight arthrosis
* patella subluxation..
User Characteristics ICF Code
Contra Indication Text
Major instabilities of the knee and/or patella joint
Intended Use Text
Supposed to provide stability to the knee joint and patella through compression and slight motion control of the knee joint, to enable standing and walking, to execute daily activities and to participate in society.
To be applied in case the prefabricated version does not fit due to impairments of body functions and/or structures.
Intended Use ICF Code
1b260 - To support or train proprioceptive functioning
1iu7 - To provide effects like warmth, postural feedback
2d4154 - To support or train maintaining a standing position
2d450 - To support or train walking
2d5702 - Maintaining one's health
Patella supporting orthosis
Kniebandage mit flexiblen Staben + Patellaring (Germany)